Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: crosstab auto row height Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Yosteevo777
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Yosteevo777 Replybullet Topic: crosstab auto row height
     Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 3:41pm
crosstab auto row height & suppress grand total fields


I am using Crystal Reports 2008.

 

I have a crosstab configuration that utilizes a database field that produces Long Text results.

These results can be anywhere from 10 – 1000+ character spaces in length.

 

I would like to figure out a way to configure a crosstab to auto-grow the row height to only the amount of space each row needs.

 

This will eliminate the extra dead space in my report.

 

I also would like to suppress the Grand Total row in this crosstab as well. It too is creating dead space.

 

 

 

 

Thank you.

Stephen

Stephen Waichulis
LIMS Database Administrator
IP IP Logged
Yosteevo777
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Yosteevo777 Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 1:32pm
As far as auto height/grow function for cross-tab cell fields goes, I talked with SAP and they have had many inquiries about this missing feature.
They may add this function in future releases of Crystal Reports.
For now all I can do is post this as a needed function in the feedback section of SAP's site: (Idea Place / SAP Community Network).

https://ideaplace.brightidea.com/ct/c_es.bix


So for now I have been told by SAP that cross-tabs are unable to have the "grow" function for individual cells/database/formula fields. Like in the past, I simply have to manually set the cell height to a fixed size.


Thanks

Stephen

Edited by Yosteevo777 - 11 Mar 2013 at 1:34pm
Stephen Waichulis
LIMS Database Administrator
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum