Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Problem in sending multiple parameters to Oracle Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sur200
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote sur200 Replybullet Topic: Problem in sending multiple parameters to Oracle
     Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 11:26pm
Hi,
using CR 2011.

I am trying to send multiple parameters to ORACLE SP created as:
create or replace PROCEDURE surTest
(
PARAM1 IN number,
RC1 OUT globalPkg.RCT1
)
AS
Begin
OPEN RC1 FOR
select * from contract where contract_id in (PARAM1);
END ;

Now, I want to send multiple params to this SP from crystal report.
I followed steps from below link:
http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=729092

but having issues in JOIN function (I used string as parameter in my SP just to test if can get success using String, but my actual requirement is a number param as my field in DB is number).
I got SQL query passed from CR as below:

when used formula with join as below:
Join({?MultiParam},",") then I got below where single quote is missed:
BEGIN "db"."SURTEST"('HL0021046,HL0021063', :RC1); END ;

when included like:
Join({?MultiParam},"','") then got extra quote
BEGIN "db"."SURTEST"('HL0021046'',''HL0021063', :RC1); END ;

Not sure how to pass it correctly.
This was tested with String as input parameter in my SP, but my actual need is to use NUMBER as in param, but if we can do with STRING only then also it is fine.

Can someone help me in how can I make this happen.

Thanks,
Surinder
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum