|
Hi All,
I have a column of results in my report that is using a couple of formulas. The formula simply converts the value pulled in ToNumber, then back ToText to concatenate with a string. Anyway, it ends up being text so the Number is not controlled.
My issue...
My data has various decimal places. I wish for the report to spit out the exact numbers that it pulls in from the database, with no decimal formatting, but can't seem to "shut that off". As text, there is not control within the actual field formatting. By default it's displaying out to two decimals, which it's getting from File>Options>Fields>Number. Since my data is not consistent with decimals, I just want the values that were entered, as-is, into the database to display on my report. Surely this is doable. THANKS!!
|
|
Yes, but the Format Editor is for Text given my formula:
IF isnull ({UNITS.DISPLAY_STRING})
THEN totext({@Results})
ELSE ({@resultconcat})
I had to use ToNumber in my results formula in order to summarize the data (average), then spit it back out as text (above) in order to concatenate with a string.
|