Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Topic: Connecing String to Number Fields Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:38am
In one of my databased, the field is stored as a text, in the other, as a number. I know I need to convert the text to number in a connection formula but am having difficulty with the syntax. Can anyone offer some help?
Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:58am
ODBC (RDO) is the most I know about the DB. Converting to text would work for me, too. The problem is it seems I need to insert a command at the database expert, which is an SQL query. I don't really have a firm grasp on SQL.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:12am
Is there someone in your organization who can help you with this? You would need to write a single command that returns all of the data for the report. No knowing what type of database you're connecting to, there's no one here who can help you with that part as the syntax is different between different databases.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum