Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Supress group if no sub group - Solved- Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
levifiction
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote levifiction Replybullet Topic: Supress group if no sub group - Solved-
     Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:06am
Hello. Absolute beginner with Crystal Reports here. Running Crystal Reports XI.

Short version:

I have two groups. How do I suppress the first group (outer most) if all of the sub groups are suppressed?

Long version:

I'm creating a report for the school I work for. They need to know which students have absences greater than 5 for the semester and in which classes.

Currently I have the report setup so that the report is grouped by student and sub-grouped by course.

In the selection expert I selected only the attendance dates where attendance is "A" for absent.

I created a formula field that counted all of the fields per course group and placed it in the group header to save space. Then I hid the details sections.

If the count is less than 5 I suppress the course sub-group.

In some cases this leaves the student group standing alone. I would like to hide the student group (outer most) if all of the course groups (inner most) inside of it have all been hidden.

Can I do this?

Edited by levifiction - 02 May 2013 at 11:08am
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 6:06pm
Hi

Yes.. using the same count condition you can suppress outer group through section expert. 

or

Go in Report-- Selection Formula --Group  and  give a condition like :

count({attendence},{group} ) < 5
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
levifiction
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote levifiction Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:11am
Thank you for the reply. Sorry I forgot I asked this question. *sheepish laugh*

EDIT:
Okay I'm going to count this one solved.

My solution was to simply turn everything into a string that is printed into the Footer of Group 1. And it seems to be working quite well.

Not the most elegant but it works.

Thanks again.

Edited by levifiction - 02 May 2013 at 11:08am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum