Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sub report size and position Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
drewj840
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote drewj840 Replybullet Topic: Sub report size and position
     Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 11:19am
After adding a sub report I open the size and position dialog to set these properties. I type in values for the X, Y, Width and Height properties. It correctly sets the X and Y properties but ignores the Width and Height and I have to right-click a second time to set these properties. Why does this happen and is there anything I can do about it? It drives me nuts.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 11:48am
Go to Help-About.  What version number are you on?  Do you have all service packs installed?
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
drewj840
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote drewj840 Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 2:47am
Crystal Reports Developer 2008 (12.1.0.892). I ran the Software Manager and it did not find any updates for the application.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:45am
You're actually on SP 1 for Crystal 2008.  I have SP 3 installed with FP 3.4(version 12.3.4.895) and I don't have this problem.  Looking on the SAP Customer Support Portal, the latest update for Crystal 2008 is SP6 which just came out last Thursday.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
bal1
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Quote bal1 Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 3:25am
You actually control the size of the subreport from the Main report, not the subreport itself (those values will never "take"). Just rt click on the subreport in the main report and select Size and Position
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 3:28am
bal1,
 
If you look at the original post you'll see that that's exactly what Drew is doing.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum