Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: View all records in subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kreusch
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote kreusch Replybullet Topic: View all records in subreport
     Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:03am
Hello,
I have a report with a subreport in the group footer.  The subreport has 40 records in it but only has room to show 20.  I cant see the other 20 on another page.  How can I get those ohter records to print on the next page?
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:17am
is the sub report to to 'can grow' (that should be the default setting)?
if you drill into the sub report does it show all 40?
IP IP Logged
kreusch
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote kreusch Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:24am
No, it has to be a fixed box size.  So I was thinking I would use the count function to compare how many had printed.  Say the box can only fit 15, then if the record count is 20, put 5 on the next page.
IP IP Logged
kreusch
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote kreusch Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:26am
Yes the drill into the sub report does show all the records
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:37am
set it to can grow and also set the 'keep object together' as false and set the section expert 'keep section together' as false
IP IP Logged
kreusch
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote kreusch Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 9:39am
Thanks for the ideas. 
 
I am limited to only a few inches for the subreport (it lists the invoices paid on the stub of a check).  If I do the "can grow" it runs into the space for the check.
 
I set up a formula to count the number for invoices paid.
 
count ({APCheckQuery.VoucherNumber}, {APCheckQuery.CheckNumber})
 
How can I compare that to the number of invoices the subreport has room to show? ( in my case it is 12)
 
So if there are 15 invoices counted, 15> 12 so print the remaining 3 on the next page...I am not sure what formula would do that.
 
Thanks for help!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum