Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Can't work this one out Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nix1016
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Quote nix1016 Replybullet Topic: Can't work this one out
     Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:32am
So i have a set of data with the same reference number but different dates:

e.g.
Record 1: Reference Number: 10000     Date: 20/12/2012
Record 2: Reference Number: 10000     Date: 21/12/2012
Record 3: Reference Number: 10001     Date: 19/12/2012

I want my report to display the first record if there are multiple records with the same reference number but sort the records by date.

I.e:
Reference Number: 10001           Date: 19/12/2012
Reference Number: 10000           Date: 20/12/2012

(It should not show record number 2 because it has the same reference number as record 1 and it should put record 3 above record 1 as its sorted by date).

So I've added a grouping by reference number and put what I want to display in the group header but I can't get it to sort by date this way. If I put things in the details line and add sorting by date, it works but then displays all records even those with the same reference number.

How can i get it to display what I want?

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum