Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How can I find minimum date? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystal_reports
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote crystal_reports Replybullet Topic: How can I find minimum date?
     Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 11:33am
Good Day,

I am using Crystal Reports XI (11.0.0.1282) against a DB2 database.

I have a ticketing system that I need to pull data from. I have been asked to pull the number of closed tickets by customer. I must then determine if the issue in the ticket was fixed in a given amount of time.

The first table probsummarym1 contains the following data I need to pull:


Ticket Number
Severity
Customer
Opened Date

The requestor of the report wants me to determine if the issue was resolved within the time limits of our contracts.

The basis of the resolved time is supposed to be Opened Date to First Resolved Time.

The second table activitym1 contains the following data:

Ticket Number
Update Type
DateStamp

The Resolved time would come from the activitym1 database.

A ticket will have multiple activities.
A ticket may have multiple resolved times
A ticket may not have a resolved time at all. In that case, use the Closed Time.

Here is how a ticket could look:

Ticket #       Severity            Customer       Opened Date
12345              1                        ABC                 01/01/2013 08:00:00

Activity for ticket 12345

Ticket #                        UpdateType                           DateStamp
12345                            Opened                                 01/01/2013 08:00:00
12345                             Updated                                01/01/2013 08:05:55
12345                             Updated                                01/01/2013 08:10:00
12345                             Resolved                              01/01/2013 09:00:00
12345                             Resolved                              01/01/2013 09:15:00
12345                             Closed                                  01/01/2013 10:00:00

In this ticket's case, I would want to find the time beween the Opened Date of 01/01/2013 08:00:00 and the first instance of Resolved (01/01/2013 09:00:00)
================================================================

Ticket #       Severity            Customer       Opened Date
123456             2                        ABC                 02/01/2013 08:00:00

Activity for ticket 12345

Ticket #                        UpdateType                           DateStamp
123456                            Opened                                 02/01/2013 08:00:00
123456                            Updated                                02/01/2013 08:05:55
123456                             Updated                               02/01/2013 08:10:00
123456                             Closed                                  02/01/2013 10:00:00
123456                             Closed                                  02/01/2013 10:05:00

In this ticket's case, I would want to find the time beween the Opened Date of 02/01/2013 08:00:00 and the first instance of Closed (02/01/2013 10:00:00)

===================================================================


Ticket #       Severity            Customer       Opened Date
99999              2                        ABC                 02/01/2013 08:00:00

Activity for ticket 12345

Ticket #                        UpdateType                           DateStamp
99999                           Opened                                 02/01/2013 08:00:00
99999                             Updated                                02/01/2013 08:05:55
99999                              Updated                               02/01/2013 08:10:00
99999                              Closed                                  02/01/2013 10:00:00


In this ticket's case, I would want to find the time beween the Opened Date of 02/01/2013 08:00:00 and the Closed UpdateType (02/01/2013 10:00:00)
==================================================================

I need help finding the minimum Resolved time (in case of ticket 12345. I need help finding the minimum Closed time (in the case of ticket 123456.) I need help finding the minimum Closed time (in the case of ticket 99999.

Any help you can give would be very much appreciated!

I hope I have posted enough information.

Thanks!
Jennifer

IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:02am
Hi

Please follow the sequence of below steps :

--Create Group on Ticket#  (group1)
--Create Group on UpdateType (group2)
--Insert a summary on DateStamp and use (Minimum) as summary type.

Now Create manual running totals for Closed / Resolved / Updated

I am giving you example for Closed, you can create for rest..

@Init_closed
WhilePrintingRecords;
Stringvar Open:=' ';    //  place this on group1 header

@Acc_closed
WhilePrintingRecords;
Stringvar open;
If GroupName ({Sheet1_.Undate Type}) = "Opened" Then
open:=open+Totext(Minimum ({Sheet1_.DateStamp}, {Sheet1_.Undate Type}))   // Place this on your group2 header

@disp_closed

WhilePrintingRecords;
Stringvar Open;   // Place this on your group1 footer.


Create using same logic for rest.. and in Group gooter 1 you can create one more formula to find the difference.




Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum