Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: top 10 for each group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Topic: top 10 for each group
     Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 6:36am
Hi there,
 
I am having some difficulty figuring out how to get the top 10 of a group.
 
Basically, I have a database with securities, holders, units held.
 
I have my report working fine if I limit to a single security in the record selection, but when I try to run it across the whole DB, I get the top 10 for the whole table instead of the top 10 for each security.
 
I have one group, on the security number. Currently, I have a formula that checks the units held field and displays "top10" if the record is in the Nthlargest for the DB.
 
I believe this is why it is not working for the whole db but I'm not sure how to evaluate each group in the formula.
 
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 7:16am
you can use the group sort expert to get the top 10 per group. for ti to function your summary has to be done in a way that matches the insert summary process
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum