Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sum / Count function in Group footer? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
GowthamSen
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote GowthamSen Replybullet Topic: Sum / Count function in Group footer?
     Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 4:12pm
Hi,

I have two columns in detail section lets say C1 and C2.

I am applying SUM on C1 and distinctcount on C2 in Group footer summary.

Now, I would like to display SUM (C1) / distinctcount(C2).

But seems its not working. Please help me on how to achieve this.

Thanks a lot.
Gowtham
Thank you
Regards,

Gowtham Sen.
IP IP Logged
GowthamSen
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote GowthamSen Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 5:04pm
Hi,

I got the resolution. Ad I didnt add the group name as part of summary functions, all group footers are showing total sum / count.

Now its resolved.

Thanks a lot.
Thank you
Regards,

Gowtham Sen.
IP IP Logged
Runner
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote Runner Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 11:04am
I am having the same issue.  How did you resolve this?  I do not receive the summary/count.

Thanks.
Runner
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 2:41am
HI

Do you have groups ?  If so, try this :

Sum({fieldvalue},{Groupnamefield})  // to get group summary

Count({fieldvalue},{Groupnamefield}) // to get group count

Now u can write like :

if Count({fieldvalue},{Groupnamefield}) <> 0 Then

Sum({fieldvalue},{Groupnamefield}) / Count({fieldvalue},{Groupnamefield})
else
0
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum