| Author |
Message |
esgriffith77
Newbie
Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: Drill-Down Help Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 12:30pm |
|
I have a report that is grouped by year and displays sums per month across columns so...
Jan Feb Mar... 2008 12 34 56 2009 78 33 33
I want to be able to click on a number and have it bring up just those records, so January 2008, 18 records. With the drill-down it seems to bring up all of 2008 when I click on any from that row. How would I create a drill-down report using either this or a sub-report that would limit it correctly? I tried having multiple detail sections, one for each month, but they still all appear when I choose a year.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 2:13am |
|
Hi
You have grouped on a year and when you click on any of the objects or results in this group it will display all the records in that group.
On demand sub report will work for your requirement.
Link your sub report with Year and Month so, it will give you desired results.
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
esgriffith77
Newbie
Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 5:28am |
|
Thank you,
I have tried using a subreport but I guess I can't figure out how to get the linked parameters to vary based on which item is selected. If everything is in a row with the same year, the year is easy to set, but how do I get each summary value clicked on to pass a different month value to the subreport. I know it has to be simple, I'm just missing it :)
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|