Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Topic: Not sure if this is just a logic problem. Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 9:44am
I want to write a formula or maybe do select expert.
Let's say I have 5 people and each day they get a check or an X. I want to run a report for like the month of December that shows me who all has ALL checks and no X's.
I have a field called employee and I have one called presence. I know that is not much to go on but we had tried a formula that said if any x's then false, but it shows those people on their check's so it doesn't help me.
Joined: 08 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 10:31am
You would not want to limit the filter on the select(unless every month or ever report it is a set number of how many "checks" there are).
1.) Instead pull all the information, then group it by the {table.employee} field.
2.) Then create a new formula called "CheckorX"
If {table.presence}="Check" then 0 else 1
3.) Next suppress the Details Section
4.) for the "Group 1 Header" Section suppress formula type:
if maximum({@CheckorX},{table.employee})=1 then false else true
and that should do it! Format and design how you want each employee showing up(i.e. name, size, employee ID) in the group 1 header instead of the details.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum