Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How can I keep items in a certain group together Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gloworm
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote gloworm Replybullet Topic: How can I keep items in a certain group together
     Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:30am
I have a report that works, but I want it to look differently.

Right now, the report groups the data by part number, priority, then PO#.

For each part number, it has the priority grouped, then it shows all PO#s.  Then it shows the next priority for that part number, if it exists.  Otherwise it moves to the next part number.

What I want it to have it list all of the priority's then list the PO#s.

How do I make it put the prioritys together then list the PO#s like in the photo that I attached to this post?


IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:28am
You would have to use a subreport to do this.  In the main report you would include the part number and priority information.  Then, you would create a subreport in the Part Number group footer section, link it based on the part number, and have it display just the PO information.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum