Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: UFL external formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Xqq_me
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Xqq_me Replybullet Topic: UFL external formula
     Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 12:43pm
Hi all,

I use CR8.0 and made an UFL in visual basic with Visual Studio 2010, the function reads a textfile (where I have some If/Then statements) on my desktop and write the contents to another textfile on my desktop. That's working, but I don't want to write to another textfile on my desktop, I want to write to a formula in my report "@updated_formula"... so I want to change the path in my string "UPDATE_FILE" which is now directing to my desktop textfile into the path to my formula "@updated_formula" in my report but I don't know the path to my formula... Something like myreport\@updated_formula ?

Is there a way to update/write to a formula in the report?

Please help...


Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices
<ComVisible(True), ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceType.None), GuidAttribute("CFC3319F-EA25-44a9-9A4F-0AC6C3364A1A")> _
Public Class RtfUfl : Implements IRtfUfl
    Public Function ReadTextFile() As String Implements IRtfUfl.ReadTextFile
        Dim READ_FILE As String = "C:\Documents and Settings\Xqq_me\Desktop\formula.txt"
        Dim WRITE_FILE As String
        Dim UPDATE_FILE As String = "C:\Documents and Settings\Xqq_me\Desktop\updated_formula.txt"

        If System.IO.File.Exists(FILE_NAME) = True Then

            Dim objReader As New System.IO.StreamReader(READ_FILE)
            WRITE_FILE = objReader.ReadToEnd
            objReader.Close()
            Dim objWriter As New System.IO.StreamWriter(UPDATE_FILE)
            objWriter.Write(WRITE_FILE)
            objWriter.Close()
        
        Else
            MsgBox("File Does Not Exist")

        End If
    End Function
 End Class





Edited by Xqq_me - 30 Jan 2013 at 2:15am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum