Joined: 09 Jul 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Topic: Text to Year Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 5:29am
I am filtering a report for a specific year. Right now I am prompting the user to enter any date from the target year and then using Year(x) to pull out the needed year. However the environment where the report is published gives them an error message if they try to click the calendar to select a date. Typing a date works but they want to click the little calendar.
Is there a way I can prompt them to simply key in the year as a text (i.e. 2012) and convert that to a date? I tried cDate(x) but it wants a full date spelled out and Year(x) requires a date field. Finding a way to make this work will be easier than asking the users not to click the calendar icon.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum