Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Create Duplicate Lines Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 4:41am
Hi Everyone, this is my first post on this forum.
I have an issue that I have spent all day trying to resolve. Have a report that prints out A4 labels (designed in a group header) that are attached to pallets in a warehouse.
The items need different labels quantities for each product, so as an example I am trying to do this:
The warehouse staff have a report viewer, and I just want them to be able to open a RPT file and hit print, and it will know to print 4 identical copies of it Item1, 7 copies of Item2, 12 copies of Item3 etc.
I have calculated the number of pages required in a form (that displays in the group header), does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 5:00am
usual solution is to add a table that is a "numbers table", one row per number. join your other table to this but make the join as the table.numner <= table.totalfield
This creates as may duplciate rows as you need per label.
Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 5:51am
No sorry, the amount of pages to be printed has to be calculated.
In the past I have scheduled a excel export, and read the data from an external spreadsheet, but the data is produced so dynamically that I have to calculate the data live.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum