Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: loading Crystal XI when you don't have a cd drive Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TruSmith
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote TruSmith Replybullet Topic: loading Crystal XI when you don't have a cd drive
     Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 9:23pm
How do i go about loading Crystal XI onto my new laptop, which does not have a cd drive?
I copied the two disks onto a stick, but get stuck when the load sequence asks me to 'insert disk 2'
 
Does anyone have a work-around?
 
Tru
TruSmith
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 9:42pm
I haven't done this before with CR XI, but with other software installations I copy the contents of both CDs onto the same folder and run the installation there. It usually sees the other files since they are in the same folder and completes the installation unprompted.

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
TruSmith
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote TruSmith Replybullet Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 10:41am
Thanks for your quick reply Brian,
I tried them on stick, but the second disk has the file name Win32, same as the name of a file on disk 1
I had them side by side, but it did not recognise disk 2.
I tried putting all the files from the Win32 folder inside disk 2 into the Win32 folder in disk 1, but it still asked me to insert disk 2.
 
Looks like it is an external drive for me.
 
Thanks again,
TruSmith
TruSmith
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum