Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Prompt Issues CR2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kpsmithuk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote kpsmithuk Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Prompt Issues CR2008
     Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 3:27am
So having been through
1)the ringmoral of converting most of our reports to run from views so that the SQL Server does most of the hard work of calculations and record selection 
 
2) The LOV "Max Rowset" Registry tweak
 
3) The HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\ReportView "PromptingLOVBatchSize" Tweak to match decimal value to above
 
The prompts on my machine and almost every other now fire off fine.
 
However 2 Specific machines still see a trunkated set of records for 1 particular report we have found so far.
 
The Prompt is structured as follows
 
Product Group => Works Order Status => Works Order Number (Described by Item Code)
 
The 2nd level is missing 3 statuses.
 
If I Just set the dynamic prompt up to ask which status it works fine. The minute I try to add multiple levels to the cascade it truncates right away. I've checked my view and it seems fine, I've run the report on 7 other PC's and it works fine, it's just these two and I don't see why.
 
If I extract the view in Excell on these machines all the data is there, if I run SQL management studio and edit the view all the data appears.
 
If I browse data in CR2008 the statuses are all there.
 
I'm at my wits end with this one! It's probably the simplest report of all and it still won't work.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 6:41am
all that comes to mind is that those computers see the data differently.
perhaps their dsn's are configured for a different user that can't see some of the data.
 
it's a long shot, but if they connect to the same datasource, they should display the same dataset...so i am guessing that it is somehow connected to how they connect to the datasource.
maybe a different driver...
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
kpsmithuk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote kpsmithuk Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 11:02pm
Hi
 
That's what I though inititally so I manually deleted and recreated the DSN, again no joy. I will try with a different driver as you suggest and see of I can get anywhere.
 
It's just plain bizzare this one!
IP IP Logged
kpsmithuk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote kpsmithuk Replybullet Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 4:24am
I've now tried using multiple connection drivers OLE DB, OLE DB for Native SQL, Recreating the DSN etc all to no avail. I just don't get it. It's also limited to one report other reports with more complex cascading prompts work just fine. This is very simple just pulling data out of a single view.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum