Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Topic: Formula not visible in chart or crosstab Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:04am
Hi there,
I have a formula based on a running total/whileprintingrecords that totals in a group level based on a shared variable passed form a subreport.
At the end of the report I want to pass this total into a pie chart. The total will be a number.
None of the formula that are used to evaluate the running totals seem to be available for any charts or cross tabs.
Why? When I hover over the field it indicates the Total field is a number and it seems usable at the group level.
Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 2:14am
I worked my way around it by transposing the sub report into a SQL expression. I then embedded this with an enforced Join on a date field to look for matches which are only greater than the source field. This then allows it to return future values which are manipulated by formulas.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum