Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Running multiple version of Crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
swoozie
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote swoozie Replybullet Topic: Running multiple version of Crystal
     Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 10:49am
Is there a way to install version 9 and version 11 on the same PC?
 
Star
Swoozie
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 11:16am
Have you tried installing them on the same machine? Since CR 9 they have spent a lot of time eliminating common DLLs which can cause problems. I haven't done it personally so I can't speak for the final outcome, but I know that they wrote CR 9+ with the full intention of allowing side-by-side installations.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
swoozie
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote swoozie Replybullet Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 11:30am
That is what I thought also, but when I attempt the installation, it says it failed because a version already exists.
Swoozie
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum