Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula not visible in chart or crosstab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
skinfreak
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote skinfreak Replybullet Topic: Formula not visible in chart or crosstab
     Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:04am
Hi there,
I have a formula based on a running total/whileprintingrecords that totals in a group level based on a shared variable passed form a subreport.
At the end of the report I want to pass this total into a pie chart. The total will be a number.

None of the formula that are used to evaluate the running totals seem to be available for any charts or cross tabs.

Why? When I hover over the field it indicates the Total field is a number and it seems usable at the group level.

Thoughts?
IP IP Logged
skinfreak
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote skinfreak Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 2:14am
I worked my way around it by transposing the sub report into a SQL expression. I then embedded this with an enforced Join on a date field to look for matches which are only greater than the source field. This then allows it to return future values which are manipulated by formulas.

Perseverance eh?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum