Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Localization and month names Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Erigne
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Location: France
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Erigne Replybullet Topic: Localization and month names
     Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 8:27am
Hi,
 
First of all, happy new year! Wink
 
I'm not a beginner in CR, but for the first time I have to create a international report.
 
So I have to extract a month from a date and I have to display it in a language which is get as parameter.
 
For example :
when I get "FR" as parameter, the report has to display "Mars" for the 3rd month of a year
When I get "GB" as parameter, the report has to display "March".
 
The number of languages is not defined yet, so I have to plan my report for some languages.
If the transmitted parameter doesn't match with a translated language, the default language has to be English.
 
 
What should I use to do this in the most simply manner?
Arrays? User function? Both?
 
Has anybody a portion of code to make me gain some time?
 
Is there a post in any forum which explains this tip?
 
Thanks in advance
 
Cheers,
 


Edited by Erigne - 16 Jan 2013 at 8:40am
Jérôme
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum