Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CR 11 - duplicate blank page with headers is added Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Syffer
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Syffer Replybullet Topic: CR 11 - duplicate blank page with headers is added
     Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 10:02am
I have a weird problem I have never seen before using Crystal Reports.

I built a complex PDF monthly report for a bank that generates over 200 pages. The specifications took months to adjust with the client but it works perfectly now, showing all the data it's supposed to, all sorted right and with the right headers.

But for some reason the report inserts quasi-blank pages rarely and seemingly randomly before it shows data. These pages aren't entirely blank, all my headers including group headers show, but no details. The correct data shows up a couple of pages later but these useless pages keep popping up in the report no matter what I do with Section Expert. To be clear the headers and the details aren't separated. The headers also display fine in the page with the right data, they just duplicate to the extra blank pages before that.

Here is a sample:



NO "insert blank page" box is checked in any of my sections except the uppermost level of data, which works fine, but these extra pages are not inserted at the end of each group for that level. They are inserted randomly sometimes right in the middle of a coherent section.

I also verified the "Keep Together" option, and it is checked for the 4 lowest levels including the details, so I considered data too big to fit on the same page with its headers but the probleme is rare, random and the data overflows perfectly everywhere else. And checking all those boxes off didn't change anything.

There are no suppression formulas and the only suppressed sections are GH1 and GH2, but they are suppressed all the time, unconditionally. I tried adding a conditionnal suppression formula to the headers if there is no data, but the problem is, there is data. The headers just seem to be duplicated uselessly.

The problem doesn't seem tied to any specific change in header value. In my example it changes when the report hits Common Stock Equities for a certain portfolio but doesn't occur when another portfolio displays its Common Stock. And I check the data in my data source, everything is consistent between the rows of data that this happens to and those that don't.

I ran out of ideas on how to get rid of these extra pages. Anyone know what's happening in my report?

Thanks a bunch.
what is this i don't even
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 1:55am
Hi

By looking at the details, your report was built perfectly.  I have few ideas..

--Right click on the group and go in Change Group then go in Options Tab-- if you see Keep group together is checked then uncheck.

--You said you are seeing headers and not the detail, can you check any null values are preventing printing of detail.


Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum