Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress lines in detail Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
clevername
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote clevername Replybullet Topic: Suppress lines in detail
     Posted: 05 Dec 2007 at 12:54pm
I have a very simple detail section that I have managed to get the last entry of the detail list to appear the way I want.
 
It shows a series of events in a list.
 
Name - sign on - sign off
 
I can suppress all the records above the one I want so they are blank, but they still are lines on the report making the data I want seperated by the blank data lines.
 
I guess I'm looking to have the details section only return to me the last line of the record selection.
 
Thoughts?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2007 at 1:19pm
How did you suppress those records? Did you just blank out the data? You can use conditional formatting to put a formula in the Suppress property of the Details section so that it doesn't show at all. That way it doesn't create blank space on the report.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
clevername
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote clevername Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2007 at 1:43pm
Sorry.....all the data above the last record is blank for the field I want returned based on criteria being met in the formula for "showing" the output.
 
How would I suppress all but the last record of the details section in the section expert? Wouldn't it suppress the entire sections based on the criteria presented there?
IP IP Logged
fusion
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Quote fusion Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2007 at 6:22pm
I am not sure if this works but if this gives you some clue. If you just want to show the last record, then like Brian mentioned you can use formula to suppress. You will have to use recordnumber (RecordNumber returns the current record number) in a formula and based on the recordnumber you will have to suppress.
Hope that helps
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2007 at 6:27am
If you do the suppression in the Section Expert, it will suppress the entire Details section if the record is not the last record.  I'm guessing, based on your description, that you are suppressing each field based on your criteria.  This will still leave the blank section itself.


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum