Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cleanly Create Multi-Page Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Hoser117
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Hoser117 Replybullet Topic: Cleanly Create Multi-Page Reports
     Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:48pm
I'm really struggling with this. How do you cleanly make multi-reports? I've been going into section expert, checking the checkboxes to add new pages after certain sections etc. but it seems like you can't cleanly get larger than 3 or 4 pages before it just starts getting weird. Pages randomly go out of order, sections overlap each other, etc. I really don't understand it.

My requirements for my report is just tohave a uniform page header across the top of each page, and then anywhere from 2-3 small subreports inserted on each page. I need to extend this to many pages.

The way I feel like I have to do it is insert several sub reports into the report header, add a new page, then insert several sub reports into the page header, etc. This is just not clean or intuitive and it makes no sense to be done this way. There must be a better way, no?

Could somebody either explain how to cleanly make a 5-10+ page report, or perhaps upload some sort of report they've done of this length to let me see how you did it?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 4:34am
your uniform page header willhave to be design in the page header section.
you would suppress the Report Header and footer
it sounds like you have no data or any grouping in the main report.
In that case I would use multiple detail sections, otherwise maybe a group header sections.
You have to watch adding sections to page headers (or page footers) as this section should never expand beyond one full page and using new page after on it. If you are using sub reports inisde page header sections that can expand beyond a page it will not work or print properly.
Using sub reports can be tricky as you have to understand and watch for the setting each section and each sub report to 'keep together' and new page before or after.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum