Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: ActiveX Report Viewer Control issue Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:26am
I am Unable to add Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Control to OpenEdge 11 ABL window on Windows 7 / 2008.
An issue has been identified in OpenEdge 11 where 3rd-party ActiveX controls that worked correctly in previous versions of OpenEdge (OpenEdge 10.2B and earlier) exhibit erratic behaviors of different kinds. This is due to an issue involving the third-party ActiveX control and the operating system and is not due to any bug in the OpenEdge product.
I know this way of running the viewer is no longer support or advised but in the language I am using I cannot shift easy to .NET or somehting.
does anyone has this experience from other products
or development languages?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 7:03am
I have seen some notes recently that talk about tweaking the Windows DEP settings to get the ActiveX component to work correctly. However, I can't immediately find them and I'm not sure exactly what the settings are.
-Dell
Edit: I just found the post I'd seen about this. Look here:
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum