Topic: Date Parameters Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 8:23am
I'm new to Crystal Reports but not new to DBs.
I have dates, as columns, across my report (from a query in a DB). I would like to make this a 'rolling' 13 month view where the user selects the range that gets shown.
Currently, I have a 13 month view (Nov06-Nov07) set up. Can I use parameters to change this next month to show Dec06-Dec07? If so, any hints as to how?
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 10:59am
Yes. It's fairly easy, actually. You have a few options.
First, read up on parameters. Both in the help file, and in Brian's book. That will answer a goodly chunk of your questions.
Now, you have three basic ways to get the date window you are looking for. You can create a single date parameter, that represents either the beginning or ending of the window. Use DateAdd to calculate the other endpoint. You can create a pair of date parameters, which are the endpoints of your window. Or, you can use a daterange parameter, which is a parameter that includes the entire range of dates.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum