Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Value incorrect on variable multiplication Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
huddy33
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Quote huddy33 Replybullet Topic: Value incorrect on variable multiplication
     Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:08am
I have a report with three subreports. In the third subreport, I am using a variable from the second subreport named "AverageCostPP," placed suppressed in the report footer of third subreport. I need this AverageCostPP field to multiply with a running total on a count of attendees with two decimal places, which has been placed in GF#3, to show in GF#3 too. Depending on the event ID I am running, the totals could all be correct, or they might be off a random amount of cents. What can I check/change to stop this from happening?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:25am
Standard debugging would be to remove the suppression in the subreport2 and display the value in the value in subreport3 so that you know that the correct value is being supplied.
 
also, is the value in subreport2 rounded, perhaps there is a rounding issue that is going on between the reports.
 
rouding is usually a cause of a pennies going missing.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum