Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Using Record value in chart of Crystal Report Inst Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Bashar_f
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Location: Oman
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Bashar_f Replybullet Topic: Using Record value in chart of Crystal Report Inst
     Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 2:46pm
I have a Report that I've connected to a Datatable (Two fields: Choice, Votes) that are connected to a stored procedure in sql server 2012. The Report shows something like:-

Choice            Votes
---------------------------
Option1             11
Option2             8
Option3             4
Option4             7
Option5             5
Option6             6
Option7             1
Option8             2

What i want to do is generally simple, just whatever the votes are i want to sum them up and take each percentage with its respective option. I really have no experience with Reports and their charts, but i was able to add a chart to the report, and in the chart expert, I put

On the Change of:
Datatable1.Choice - A

Everytime i add the Votes to the "show values" List, it only does the count, which when i run the chart, it shows me each option with the same percentage, I tried looking into summary operations, but sum is nowhere to be seen in the drop down list, all I found was Count, and Distinct count. Thanks in Advance. (I'm using asp.net c#)
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 3:49am
make sure the votes field is numeric and not a string.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum