Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Finding text errors Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DrasticMeasures
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote DrasticMeasures Replybullet Topic: Finding text errors
     Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 5:44am
Hi,
 
I'm new to this forum and also to Crystal. I have done a beginners course, but I have encountered a problem that wasn't covered by that course and Googling the problem has not found a solution. I have searched this forum as well and couldn't see it, but I feel sure there must be a simple solution, so I thought I would ask and see if any experts on here can help.
 
I work in Adult Learning, and we have a database of all our students. Unfortunately the people who take our enrolments tend to make a lot of errors in formatting when they type the learner details into the system. I have 3 fields (Title, First Name and Last Name) and I want to get Crystal to search for any that have been typed all in lowercase, or all in uppercase, and highlight those so they can be corrected in the database.
 
Does anyone know if that is possible, and what kind of forumula I would need to use to do it? If anyone is able to help it would be really appreciated, because at the moment the only way we have to spot those errors is to manually check the database, which is massively time-consuming, and always leads to a few being missed.
 
Thanks,
Ben.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 7:32am
maybe try this?
 
StrCmp({table.FIRSTNAME},uppercase({table.FIRSTNAME}))=0
or
StrCmp({table.FIRSTNAME},lowercase({table.FIRSTNAME}))=0
or
StrCmp({table.LASTNAME},uppercase({table.LASTNAME}))=0
or
StrCmp({table.LASTNAME},lowercase({table.LASTNAME}))=0
or
StrCmp({table.TITLE},uppercase({table.TITLE}))=0
or
StrCmp({table.TITLE},lowercase({table.TITLE}))=0
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum