Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Count Dates by Month Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
retfam
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote retfam Replybullet Topic: Count Dates by Month
     Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 1:31pm
I use Crystal Reports 10.  I created a report.  Lets say that I have a field that holds the date a new account was opened.  Thru my program that I use, I can search for all new accounts opened in 2012.  Now if I want to count how many accounts were opened in January, February, etc., is there or how do I tell Crystal thats what I want.  Right now I have a row for each account and I really need just counts based on the month and I don't want to have to run 12 different reports for the year.  I can not separate the date by month day and year.  It is displaced as 01/20/12 for example.  Any help would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 3:29am
use a crosstab with the date field as a row and set the properties of that to monthly
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum