Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: grouping line item/line footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Help!!!
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Help!!! Replybullet Topic: grouping line item/line footer
     Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:38am

Hi there,

I am completely new to Crystal Reports, so please bear with me - I know I'm not using the right lingo.

I am trying to modify a report that uses temporary table records. In the detail section of my report it shows up as one field, but includes two separate pieces of data that prints on two lines. The first line they call the "line item", the second line they call the "line footer". If I try to modify or format the field, it always does it for both lines, as if it was one data set. And that's fine.

My problem is that when I try to group by a different field, all of the sudden the line items are separated from the line footers, but I want to keep them together.

This is what it does when I group for something else:

line item
line item
line item
line footer
line footer
line footer

when it should be

line item
line footer
line item
line footer
line item
line footer

Any help?
(You will probably have to spell it out for me, because like I said, I am BRAND NEW to this). Thanks!!!


IP IP Logged
ctwriter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote ctwriter Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:10am
I see this was posted a few days ago. Hoping this helps:
have you tried Section Expert > select Common tab > then ensure Keep Together is checked off?

Click OK and preview report
IP IP Logged
Help!!!
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Help!!! Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 7:36am
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I did try that, but from what I've read, Keep Together is only to keep sections together on one page, right? I need something that keeps two lines together.
 
I tried putting the field into a text box, but that didn't make a difference.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum