Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Topic: Working with Past Due Dates Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:01am
Happy Holidays!
We have a donor database that stores member fees. I am having a hard time determining how many members are past due using our DueDate field. For example if I wanted to know how many past due as of Dec 1 I have tried:
{Donors.DueDate} < 12/1/2012
I thought the issue is the DueDate field stores date values with time as 12/01/2012 12:00AM. I updated the formula as < 12/01/2012 12:00AM yet no luck. Instead "error in this formula" appears.
Ideally we would like our report to read:
31 members past due as of Dec 1
Of these 31 past due 11 are more than 30 Days past due
Of these 11 past due 7 are more than 90 Days past due
I am certain I am missing something that's easy to do. First time working with past due dates hoping a new set of eyes will point out clearly.
Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 1:34pm
I sort of have a work around:
first I create a PastDue formula {Donors.DueDate} < "12/1/2012"
then create a Count {@PastDue} formula, however this results in counting all donors with a DueDate verses donors with past due fees as of 12/1/2012.
Therefore I used Report > Group Expert > and select Group By: DueDate field > select Options and the Specified Order tab. Here I create a Named Group and add criteria where DueDate is less than 12/1/2012. I add a second group with DueDate between 11/1/2012 and 11/30/2012 then order groups in Specified Order.
Wallaaah I now have Groups by DueDate and a Count of DueDates by Group.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum