Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreport Shared Variables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bpmcnary
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote bpmcnary Replybullet Topic: Subreport Shared Variables
     Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 1:17am
Hi!

I have a report ("package") which contains 5 subreports within it. It's a financial package; each subreport contains on average 4-7 underlying driver reports which control its data. Across all reports, certain items must equal eachother (like net income for instance). I'm having a slight rounding issue on two of the subreports for Net Income. It's off by a dollar.

To fix this, I attempted to share the net income ("NI") from one report to another subreport. I can get as far as sharing it to the main report and having crystal determine what the variance is, but I can't share the plug back to the subreport with the variance. When I state the variable in the subreport, the value is zero. While there's a ton of information on how to share variables from subreport to main, is it even possibly to share variables from subreport to subreport?

If not, does anyone have any recommendations on how to plug this? Aside from taking the driver reports on the report which is working, I'm stumped!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon
IP IP Logged
bpmcnary
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote bpmcnary Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 1:08am
any help on this? is it possible to share a variable between two subreports?
 
Thanks,
Brandon
IP IP Logged
bmcnary1
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote bmcnary1 Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:23am
bump, anything on this?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum