| Author |
Message |
cheenu_vasan
Newbie
Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
|

Topic: Shared Variable values across the report Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 5:46am |
|
I have created a shared numbervar variable in the report header section with value zero initialized in a formula.
shared numbervar test:=0; (Report header section)
Then i assign some intermediate values in one of the sub report in details section of main report using the formula:
shared numbervar test:=350; (Inside sub report in the details section of the main report)
Then in bottom of the main report say in another details section, i tried to access the variable using another formula:
shared numbervar test; test;
But the result is always shows as zero, the intermediate values are not retrieved at the end of the report. Let me know what i have missed or doing not right here...?
|
|
Thanks & Regards
Srinivasan B
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 8:08am |
|
Is the sub-report or section that the sub-report is contained suppressed? If so, the sub-report will not execute. Otherwise, I can only suspect that you are using the shared numbervar test somewhere else that it is getting reset to zero. I would put the formula
shared numbervar test; test;
in a section immediately after the subreport section (another detail section?) and see it the value is there.
I hope this helps.
Edited by kevlray - 17 Dec 2012 at 8:09am
|
IP Logged |
|
cheenu_vasan
Newbie
Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
|

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 11:19pm |
|
yes i have some condition in the suppress (that contains the sub report) @ which it doesn't need to show in the report.
So i see there is no way to retrieve the values in such scenario..?
|
|
Thanks & Regards
Srinivasan B
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 6:22am |
|
You have to do other tricks. One idea(got the idea from Ken Hammady), do not have any fields in the subreport, then have it 'suppressed when blank' (I think that is the proper wording). Make the section with the subreport real small.
I know there may be other ways, can't remember them right now.
|
IP Logged |
|
cheenu_vasan
Newbie
Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
|

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 7:47am |
|
Ok.. will play around. I cannot avoid the fields in the sub report since those are the details that should be in there.
One thing in want to confirm, are you saying replace all the db fields to formula and set its suppress field as necessary??
Meanwhile if anybody hv suggestion it is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Edited by cheenu_vasan - 18 Dec 2012 at 8:08am
|
|
Thanks & Regards
Srinivasan B
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 9:34am |
|
What I was saying that if you wanted the sub-report to execute, but not see it was to suppress, not display the fields in the sub-report. Then for the properties of the sub-report, have it suppress if empty. I do not know if that would work for you.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|