Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Header Text Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Topic: Suppress Header Text
     Posted: 03 Dec 2007 at 7:20am
Hi..
 
I have to suppress Field Heading Text using 2 or more conditions .....
 
when i specify one condtion it works but when i try more than on condition it doesn't has anyone come across such problem.
 
e.g.  If {databasefield} <> "A" suppress works fine
If {databasefield} <> "A" or count(databasefield) = 0 suppress not working...
 
 
Thanks
Rahul
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2007 at 10:39am
I've run into this problem when one of the fields is null. I would go around in circles trying to reorder the conditions to get it to make sense. Once I turn on the property Use Default Values for nulls, then everything works normally. Also, have you tested just the Count(field) function to see if it works by itself as well?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 1:11am
If {databasefield} <> "A" suppress works fine
If {databasefield} <> "A" or count(databasefield) = 0 suppress not working...
 
 
Thanks.....
I did a workaround.....I created formulas instead...... so now I have two formulas
 
One checks for the condition i.e.
 
If {databasefield} <> "A" suppress 
 
One formula checks if the database field is null  then suppress
 
Thanks
Rahul
IP IP Logged
dutyfree
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote dutyfree Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 3:13am
Hi Rahul, i have been doing some digging into this suppress of fields and i found this which you experienced some time ago.

I have been faced with similar problem and i wish to suppress based on 2 formulas...how did you apply this formula..

Thanks for your assistance

Naresh
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum