Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Topic: Summary from Transaction Table Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:11am
Hi,
I operate a wholesale business and am working on a report from a table that records transactions (sales, receipts, etc) for all items that I stock. For a given item, each transaction is recorded as a new record, with a transaction ID to differentiate the type of transaction (eg 1 for a Sale, 2 for a Purchase, etc). For my report, I am trying to show Item #, Description, Stock Qty, Qty Sold, and Qty On Order.
My problem is with getting a sum for the Qty Sold and Qty On Order fields. I placed all of the data (Item, Desc, Stock) in the Details section and suppressed duplicates for all so that each item is displayed as a single summary line. For Qty Sold I did a running total (sum) and set to Evaluate on Transaction Type Sale with reset on Group. The data appears correct but displays as though it is showing a list for each transaction (like you would expect a running total to do) so that each item is no longer a single line. What do I need to do to correct these?
This is probably pretty basic but I am still on my 30 day trial and trying to work through in bits and pieces so I can figure out if CR will do what I need. Thanks for any info.
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 12:30pm
Did you use any grouping in your report? Like based on Item #? On a cursory look, I would suggest grouping by Item #, and then adding summary to sum the Qty Sold and Qty on Order.
What is the desired final result for this report to show? The sum of the Qty Sold and Qty on Order per Item? That's what I am interpreting from your post.
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 4:19am
Yes, I did group by Item and it looks okay until I insert the Running Sums for Qty Sold and Qty On Order. These display the full running sums (which I guess I should have expected) when I really only want the final value. It seems like a simple sum would be the correct thing to use, but it doesn't offer me the option to evaluate on a variable like Transaction Type.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum