Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jflo2209
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jflo2209 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report
     Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 8:05am
Hey im struggling in this crystal report class im trying to create this report using the members database
 
how would i go by in creating this report
 

Report 1 - (Members with Keys.rpt)

In the first report you need to list the member by membership type and then break it down by City. Within the type of membership, list the members alphabetically by their last name then first name. I would like you to first create a formula called MemberName where you concatenate the first and last name of the member and then put the concatenated field into the Detail section along with their street address.

If a member has pledged or paid the key fee, they automatically get a key. On your report, check if they are given a key by displaying the word KEY otherwise leave blank. For those who have a key, determine why they have one; either they paid or pledged. Display Paid or Pledged on your report, depending on how they got their key. (

tip: switch function works well for this)

Calculate the total number of members for each type of membership by city, and how many members have keys. In the group footer add a text object that says "

In {city}, {count members with keys} members have keys". (tip: running total works well here)

Add a chart to the report header that compares number of life time members vs. annual members. Add a subreport to the report footer that lists all the activity ids and the names of the activities available.

Report 2

IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 8:39am
Aren't the answers in the back of the book? If not, there may be a little too much here to explain in a post.

I will do paragraph one.
In the first report you need to list the member by membership type and then break it down by City.
-- in group by (toolbar - record - group by expert), set membership type, and below it city.

Within the type of membership, list the members alphabetically by their last name then first name.
-- in record sort expert (record - record sort expert) put lastname ascending and then below first name ascending.

I would like you to first create a formula called MemberName where you concatenate the first and last name of the member and then put the concatenated field into the Detail section along with their street address.
-- create new formula with the name MemberName, and then in the formula put {first name field} + ' ' {lastname field}

----

I am going to stop here, because if this is over your head, I don't think the forum could help.
IP IP Logged
jflo2209
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jflo2209 Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 9:46am
I got that part it worked perfect, its the part with displaying the key field is what i dont get.
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 10:00am
This is a bit confusing since I can't see your data layout, but I will throw something to you anyways.

looks like they want two formulas,
1. Whether they have a key or not
switch({has key} = true, 'KEY',
true, '')

2. How they got the key
switch({has key} = true and {paid/pledged} = 'Paid', 'Paid',
{has key} = true and {paid/pledged} = 'Pledge', 'Pledged',
true, '')

Since I don't know how they actually lay the data out, this probably wont totally answer your question.
IP IP Logged
jflo2209
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jflo2209 Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 10:09am
I can send you the database im using if that can help?
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 10:12am
I am sure it would help, however, I am limited in my ability to assist, because I am currently at work. Don't know if they would allow me to setup ftp transfer of a database :(
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum