Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Loop in CR... Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rbmauder
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote rbmauder Replybullet Topic: Loop in CR...
     Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:38am
I need to print a report which will conditionally loop through a subreport.

Let me explain:
My main report is set to count the number of cats in the shelter on a specific day.  (Simple to do and is already done.)

However, I've been asked to set the report up so that is prints this status for any range of dates the user enters.

I need to be able to run the report (via a subreport ?) so that it prints this status for however many days are in this range.

How can I accomplish this?
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 4:11am
I am confused.

However, I've been asked to set the report up so that is prints this status for any range of dates the user enters.

Is the "status" the number of cats?
IP IP Logged
rbmauder
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote rbmauder Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 5:16am
Yes, in essence, this is what I need to report on.  I produce a cross-tab for each day.

The cross-tabs look something like the below:
CAT                                            134
DOG                                             67
OTHER                                         14
Total                                           215

There is one of these for each day in the range.  But I've only been able to do this for a set number of days.  I have set the report up, at this point in time, to go out (6) more days by way of subreports so that my final output would be (7) crosstabs.
12/1, 12/2, 12/3, 12/4, 12/5, 12/6, 12/7

I need to be able to break out each day in the range (whether it be for a week or month, etc.) in a separate crosstab.  The user needs to be able to analyze our kennel population from day to day.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum