Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Undesired blank page before report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
muppy1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote muppy1 Replybullet Topic: Undesired blank page before report
     Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 2:04am
CR-IX-Win7
 
I have made report and upon browsing in CR everything is okay,page by page,but upon sending to clients as pdf attachment, (via Visual CUT prg) I get from that same report
an  undesired blank page before . I have to scroll down
in the Test-Mail-Receipt (to my own email address).
 
How to avoid this?
Format is A4 papersize,and all report details fit into the A4size.
I have "new page" in section AFTER THE FIRST RECORD REPORT.
Thanks for any help.
William
 
PS: I did also Exporting the Report as Word document (.doc) but got same
result, also with a blank page before the actual report itself. I did also
an export (PDF) based on ACT2011 and also here one blank page.
 
 


Edited by muppy1 - 12 Dec 2012 at 7:49am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 4:00am
Is the new page a "new page before" or "new page after"?  Do you have "Keep Group Together" set for your outer-most group?
 
If you have "new page before" or "KeepGroupTogether" turned on, click on the formula button to the right of the option and enter something like this:
 
Not OnFirstRecord
 
This should suppress the initial page break.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
muppy1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote muppy1 Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 8:28pm
Thank you Hilfy, what you suggested what indeed the solution,I am very grateful !!
William - Netherlands
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum