Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: split fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Gurbs
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
Quote Gurbs Replybullet Topic: split fields
     Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 1:08am
Hi all,

I have a question. I have a field which contains the

EUR(5) / EUR BN : *********(SM) / FRM PAY FILE WK 48 / ******** /

Now I need to split up this information into different fields. I need the information between the second and the third /, and I need the information between the third and fourth /. I don't know exactly how to do this.

Can anyone help me with this? Any help would be highly appreciated

Kind regards

Gerben
IP IP Logged
cheenu_vasan
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote cheenu_vasan Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 2:57am
Use the INSTR function to get the position of those characters and then use the MID function to get those part of the string.

INSTR (start, str1, str2)
MID(str, start,length)

Use the above two string functions to extract any part of the string.

Thanks
Cheenu
Thanks & Regards
Srinivasan B
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:57am
Please do not cross-post.  See my answer here:  http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18200
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum