Originally posted by junkbox
Originally posted by comatt1
actually DBLANK was right, if you just look at the max,
it doesn't matter how many records are in the details, just make a
running total or sql expression that will just show the max value in the
group footer, not a sum.
Right that works fine for the group total but for a grand total, It'll only show the maximum of largest group wide. i.e.100 0100
100120120 0
120120 Originally posted by DBlankfor your report total do a descending sort on the 'covers' field
use a runningtotal
name=whatever
field to summarize=covers
type=sum
evalaute=on change of group(day)
reset=never
Right, like I said in my second post, that'd be optimal, but I can't sort by {table.covers} as it affects other fields I'm sorting by to alleviate the same. Mean to say this is a recurring problem with this database schema and the way it stores records (multiples of everything)dunno, guys I'm stumped.
to get the grand total create 3 formulas
1 - instantiate a variable to store the total
2 - populate the max group value with the variable
3 - show the value in the report footer
1. func1 (put in report header)
shared numbervar tot1:=0;
2. func2 (put in group footer)
shared numbervar tot1:=tot1;
tot1:=tot1+{RUNNING TOTAL of MAX in GROUP FOOTER};
3. func3 (put in report footer)
shared numbervar tot1:=tot1;
tot1
--- Don't think you NEED to declare the variable in each area, but I do as a habit.
Edited by comatt1 - 05 Dec 2012 at 10:28am