Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Fiscal Year To Date Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
MellieD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote MellieD Replybullet Topic: Fiscal Year To Date Formula
     Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 11:52am
Hey all,

I am new to both Crystal reports, and report writing in general, so bare with me if I seem a bit naive. I have been asked to wright a report that will show a select group of customers targeted sales for the time period that covers a Fiscal year to date of October 2011-Sept 2012 then the same for the 2012-2013 time period. I have been very unsuccessful in finding a formula that works. the closest I have found is along these lines...

if Month ( {Transaction.Date} ) >= 10
then Year ( {Transaction.Date} ) + 1
else Year ( {Transaction.Date} )

But I don't seem to be getting the results I am looking for. Can some one please let me know what I'm missing, or if you have a formula you know will work and are willing to share. Thank you so much for the help!
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 2:56am
what version of Crystal are you using? 2008 I think has a Yeartodate function.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:03am
also can you explain a little more what you are trying to accomplish here?
I am not sure if you want all data from last fy or just last fy to date? and then how are you using this data in the report?
IP IP Logged
MellieD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote MellieD Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:11am
Thank you for the quick responses, and sorry for the confusion, i am using crystal 11, and it does have a YTD but no fiscal YTD options.

I am trying to create a report that will show the fiscal year to date sales total for customers for the time period of October 2011 to Sept. 2012,  then the same numbers for 2012-2013, so they can compare the sales total, to track the progress of their sales. 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:41am
maybe this?
 
{Transaction.Date} in date(year(currentdate)-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 2 else 1),10,1) to dateadd('yyyy',-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 2 else 1),currentdate)
or
{Transaction.Date} in date(year(currentdate)-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 1 else 0),10,1) to currentdate
IP IP Logged
MellieD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote MellieD Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:43am
Originally posted by DBlank

maybe this?
 
{Transaction.Date} in date(year(currentdate)-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 2 else 1),10,1) to dateadd('yyyy',-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 2 else 1),currentdate)
or
{Transaction.Date} in date(year(currentdate)-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 1 else 0),10,1) to currentdate


I'll give it a try and let you know in a little while if it works out. Thank you so much for the help! Clap
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 7:40am
Originally posted by MellieD

Hey all,I am new to both Crystal reports, and report writing in general, so bare with me if I seem a bit naive. I have been asked to wright a report that will show a select group of customers targeted sales for the time period that covers a Fiscal year to date of October 2011-Sept 2012 then the same for the 2012-2013 time period. I have been very unsuccessful in finding a formula that works. the closest I have found is along these lines... if Month ( {Transaction.Date} ) >= 10
then Year ( {Transaction.Date} ) + 1
else Year ( {Transaction.Date} )But I don't seem to be getting the results I am looking for. Can some one please let me know what I'm missing, or if you have a formula you know will work and are willing to share. Thank you so much for the help!



Ken Hamandy is usually a great source. But then again, he is only gonna give you enough information (if your a beginner to get your interest). He wants you to buy the answers :)

http://kenhamady.com/cru/archives/56
IP IP Logged
MellieD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote MellieD Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by comatt1

Originally posted by MellieD

Hey all,I am new to both Crystal reports, and report writing in general, so bare with me if I seem a bit naive. I have been asked to wright a report that will show a select group of customers targeted sales for the time period that covers a Fiscal year to date of October 2011-Sept 2012 then the same for the 2012-2013 time period. I have been very unsuccessful in finding a formula that works. the closest I have found is along these lines... if Month ( {Transaction.Date} ) >= 10
then Year ( {Transaction.Date} ) + 1
else Year ( {Transaction.Date} )But I don't seem to be getting the results I am looking for. Can some one please let me know what I'm missing, or if you have a formula you know will work and are willing to share. Thank you so much for the help!



Ken Hamandy is usually a great source. But then again, he is only gonna give you enough information (if your a beginner to get your interest). He wants you to buy the answers :)

http://kenhamady.com/cru/archives/56


Yeah, I contacted him first, and he talked about pricing right out the doorway, i really want to try and figure this out with out having to spend more money... I'm learning quickly, but not as quickly as I would have liked. Thank's for the info...
IP IP Logged
MellieD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote MellieD Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by DBlank

maybe this?
 
{Transaction.Date} in date(year(currentdate)-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 2 else 1),10,1) to dateadd('yyyy',-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 2 else 1),currentdate)
or
{Transaction.Date} in date(year(currentdate)-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 1 else 0),10,1) to currentdate


So... i'm not sure if it's my lack of knowledge/ skills or not, but the formula is not giving me the results i was looking for, instead of returning the sales total, it is showing "False" as it's response. Let me give you more details on what I have so far...

The report is grouped by customer name, and each customer has 3 columns, 1st: Fiscal Year To Date Sales from October 2011- September 2012 summed  2nd: Fiscal Year To Date Sales from October 2012- September 2013 summed 3rd: the difference between the two numbers.

I currently have just the YTD formulas with the standard 12 month period, but have been asked to change it to the Fiscal year mentioned above. Any other suggestions? Or am i just not understanding the formulas? Sorry i seem so lost, and thank you both for the help. Smile
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 1:06pm
Sorry, my formula was to be used in the select expert to limit your data to only rows that would be last fy to date and this fy to date. Hence the returning of true or false.
If you want to get specific values the easiest way is to make two formulas out of either side of the or statement.
//last fy
If {Transaction.Date} in date(year(currentdate)-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 2 else 1),10,1) to dateadd('yyyy',-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 2 else 1),currentdate) then table.amount else 0
Now sum this to get your total
Sum(@last fy)

//this fy
If {Transaction.Date} in date(year(currentdate)-(if month(currentdate)<10 then 1 else 0),10,1) to currentdate then table.amount else 0
Now sum this to get your other total
Sum(@this fy)
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum