Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Duplicate records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Minco
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Minco Replybullet Topic: Duplicate records
     Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 8:48am
I have constructed a report to show completed projects, the date they were completed and the sales before completed [existing customer] and the sales after completed [new customer] along with the dates of the sales [to make sure the report is correct]. The project table is the main table linked to the invoice table by the customer number. This is a left outer join link since I want to see all of the completed project customers regardless of whether they've had an invoice or not. I have also selected distinct records. I brought in the invoice table twice, renamed one PREcomplete and the other POSTcomplete. 2 formulas were created to check the completed date against the invoice date to select either less than completed date, or greater than/equal to completed date.
 
The problem is I still have those darn duplicate invoice dates and dollars from the invoice file. The formulas are working, I have pre completed sales in one column and post completed sales in another, but each column has duplicated dates and dollars.
 
Any suggestions? I tried every kind of link option I could and the distinct record selection is not helping.
 
Thanks-
Minco
Be kind to those less fortunate.
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 10:23am
my cheat is to group by the invoice, and put the data in header or footer. :) skip using the detail section
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum