Hello Help-
I have 5 views containing daily sales totals for each brand of product, and an operations calendar of work days linked by date [left outer join so every day of the year is listed regardless of whether there is a sale on the brand]. I'm trying to recreate an excel spreadsheet in which the president plugs in sales dollars provided to him for the month [by brand] and it calculates the total for the month, the difference [percentage] between that current month and the same month last year, and the YTD difference [percentage] between the running total this year and last year. The report looks something like;
Month Cully Redmore Total Diff 2011 YTD vs LY
January $5.00 $10.00 $15.00 -1.09% +4.67%
February $10.00 $6.00 $16.00 +2.09% +6.10%
etc, etc,
2012 months start after December 2011......
I have the daily totals sorted in date order, I have a grouped by month and then grouped by year with summaries for all the fields except YTD which is a running total that resets at the next group [new year4]. I cannot figure out how to make a new formula to compare January of 2012 to January of 2011 and the same new formula to compare the running total of the previous year to the same current year period. Any help will be really appreciated!