Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Sub Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
paulmcm
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote paulmcm Replybullet Topic: Suppress Sub Report
     Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:13am
Hi everyone, I have 1 main report and 2 subreports. These subreports are located 1 in PageHeader C & 1 in PageHeader D. Based on a parameter selection Report Type, I have went into the Section Expert and tried the following on each Page Header:
For the Financial Report in PageHeader C I would like to suppress when {?Report Type} = 'Calendar Year'
For Calendar Report in PageHeader D I would like to suppress when {?Report Type} = 'Financial Year'

But no matter which Report Type parameter I select neither PageHeader is suppressed. Can I do this in the PageHeader sections? If not how should I go about designing my report so I have 2 sections that I can turn on and off?
Thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
paulmcm
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote paulmcm Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:49am
The Report Type parameter was returning a value i.e. 1 or 2 depending on the selection made so I've update both suppression rules and this is now working fine. Should have checked the parameter value before posting here!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum