Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Topic: Select Record Parameter and Wildcard Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 6:34am
I've done this before but I think I'm suffering from a senior moment.
I have a parameter with 5 string values and 1 'All'.
If the parameter = ' All ' then all values are returned. If a specific parameter is selected I need to select all values that are 'LIKE' the parameter. When I select 'All' it works. But when I select any of the other values (such as 'Adobe') then I get no results. I know this is a syntax error but I can't figure out what I've done. My Record selection formula is as follows:
If {?Focus on Specific SW Publisher or show all} <> 'All'
Then {Command.Publisher} like {?Focus on Specific SW Publisher or show all}
Else {Command.Publisher} like '*'
Again, if I select 'All' then I get my results. If I select any other value then I get no results. What, pray tell, am I doing wrong? I've tried to put Asterisks in front and behind my parameter and put them in quotations but to no avail.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum