Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: display cascading paramter value Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Topic: display cascading paramter value
     Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 1:05pm
Hi,

I have a report with a cascading parameter.
I want to display the first level value in the report header...

Thanks In advance.....


Joe

IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 9:02pm
Hi
 
Simple drag and drop the first level parameter on your report header.
 
If you have multiple values then use the following formula
 
Join({?Parameter},",")
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 3:02am
Hi,

Not to sound ... well dumb...
I tried dragging the paramter into the header and i get the second level , first value..  example first level is location, second is room within location, if I drag the paramter in, not sure how to drag just the first level in... I get the room...
I want to display the location

Thanks
Joe

IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 6:27pm
Hi
 
Normally if you create two levels of cascading parameters, it will show 2 parameters under Field Explorer --Parameters.
 
--Edit your cascading Parameter--and check below :
 
Under Values -- you will be selection Fields
 
Under Description -- (none)
 
Under Parameters -- you would have not clicked, click here to create a first level parameter and save it
 
Now you will find 2 parameters under field explorer drag the first one.
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum