Joined: 18 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Topic: Show zero for data not in database Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:50am
I am not sure how the best way to do this, but I have 30 branches.
I am working on a report that not all the branches have data in the database (yet).
I need to be able to list those branches with a zero (0) qty. The other branches will be a count of records.
Example:
Branch 1 - 0 (This is not in database so I need to have a list of branches somewhere) (I tried an excel sheet but I got "Data types are not compatible", my crystal data is String. Branch 4 - 5 Branch 6 - 3
Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 4:16am
If you mean: when there are no records for Branch 1-0 then you need zero QTY Create formula for QTY: If Branch = {branch.field} and ISNULL(Count(Records)) then 0 else Count(Records) If you mean: you dont have some list of branches in database, then you need to hardcode according to your requirement. If these dosnet help you, please explain a bit more about issue....
Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 4:47am
You need some related field to hard code, For Ex, here you need Field1 If Field1= 1 then 'Branch 1' ELSE IF Field1=2 Then 'Branch 2' . . . ELSE 'Branch 15'
If you dont have related field, I dont think its possible unless you can keep that list in excel kind of file and add is as second source for your report
Joined: 18 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:57am
Here's the issue that I brought up in my first post.
I get an error back when I try to join the excel document. I cannot figure out how to change my branch #'s to a string to match the string from Crystal/my database.
Any ideas on how to either convert or what type of table to use to get the two to join?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum